Still mostly on a hiatus (and my internet at home is a pile of crap too) however, my MMD doesn't seem to be working.
Okay, so what happens is that I double click on MikuMikuDance.exe and the pop-up asking me if I really want to open this file turns up (as in the admin privileges one - this is normal). I press yes. My mouse changes to the loading icon for about 5 secs, and then nothing happens.
Looking at the "processes" tab in task manager: "MikuMikuDance.exe" is there within that 5 secs that the mouse icon is doing the loading thing, but then vanishes once the mouse stops.
This started happening some time between about Wednesday last week and Monday, I hadn't updated it or anything, it just stopped working at some point.
Before you ask:
- I have turned my computer off/on again
- Yes I have redownloaded MMD (thus updating it also)
- I've redownloaded directX and the windows C++ things you need to get MMD to work
- I've run a full virus check: apart from some files that "couldn't be scanned" for whatever reason, it didn't show anything abnormal
- CCleaner'ed everything
- PMXeditor still works, as does every other .exe files that I tested recently (so various steam games, Meta, gimp, windows explorer ect ect ect)
- Tried booting in safe mode, but this didn't make any difference
- I'm running windows 7 (64bit)
- I run the 32bit version of MMD with MME (because I could never get the 64bit MME to work with the 64bit MMD idk why)
- I have been downloading a few things, but nothing from malicious sites
And thus ends the thoughts of MissingPixieSticks
Has anyone got any ideas at all as to what may be wrong with my copy of MMD?
I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer. It's really a pain in the arse at the moment as I can't do anything on MMD, and although I can still do some modelling, it's a pain not being able to test it out in MMD
(PS: dunno what's happened to my journal skin ... seems to have just stopped working for some reason)